Reports to: Director of Technical Assistance
The Partnership for Children and Youth (PCY) is a an innovative, well respected, high impact, growing organization committed to closing the achievement and opportunity gaps for students from under-resourced communities, so that all young people can thrive in school and beyond. We have a longstanding reputation as excellent partners and collaborators with a diverse set of allies and stakeholders. Learn more about our work at www.partnerforchildren.org.
PCY seeks to fill the part-time Administrative Coordinator position within our Program Department. A successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and efficient. This is a tremendous opportunity for a hands-on leader who is eager to deepen our mission by strengthening our internal capacity. Ideal candidates will have experience providing administrative support within the non-profit sector, and will demonstrate the ability to work across departments and functions within the organization. This position requires an individual who is able to “roll up their sleeves,” committed to helping others, and is invested in advancing PCY’s Program Initiatives.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for a diverse set of tasks and will focus on coordinating projects in close collaboration with initiative leaders. The primary responsibilities are to plan, implement, and complete administrative projects such as booking meetings/calls, coordinating travel, preparing and editing meeting documentation. The Coordinator is also responsible for providing fiscal and client management support by ensuring contracts, invoices, and data-tracking tools are executed efficiently. This position will report to the Director of Technical Assistance (TA) and will work closely with the Event Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Under the direction of the Director of TA, the Administrative Coordinator will:
• Collaborate with the Initiative Directors to determine the scope of assigned tasks, projects, or other assignments.
• Prepare and distribute meeting documentation such as agendas, notes, surveys, and forms for internal and external meetings.
• Make travel and hotel arrangements for the Program Department, which will include up to 6 staff members.
Client Outreach and Management
• Build and maintain strong working relationships and manage communication with clients, participants, consultants, or vendors.
• Set-up and coordinate meetings between initiative directors and clients, participants, or consultants.
• Manage client tracking tools such as Salesforce and Excel.
• Assist initiative staff with developing proposals and contracts for clients, partners, consultants and vendors.
• Oversee the invoicing process based on contract timelines, track and process invoices, and prepare reports.
• Monitor expenditures, process stipends, and ensure fiscal compliance.
• Liaise with the fiscal and contract staff to ensure accuracy in contracts, invoices, and vendor agreements, and other associated documentation.
Evaluation and Reporting
• Manage data collection and documentation for initiative evaluation (e.g. workshop attendance, training hours, surveys, interviews).
• Create project management documents and reports to communicate deliverables and status updates.
• Contribute to narrative and evaluation reports for contracts and grants.
The role of the Administrative Coordinator requires the candidate to be adaptable, task-oriented, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by collaboration and executed with creativity and efficiency. S/he will have a sense of humor, patience, and a commitment to treating others with respect. Specific education and skills and experience include:
Part Time (0.60 FTE; 24 hours/week)
Preferred work schedule
Monday – Friday (approximately 4-5 hour per day)
Part-time Annual Salary Range: $27,600 – $30,000
Benefits include health, 401k, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and employment application to: email@example.com.
Employment Application Link: http://partnerforchildren.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Employment_Application_-fillable.pdf.
Please include Administrative Coordinator (W) in the subject line. Position is open until filled. Email applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position. Please do not call.
Partnership for Children and Youth is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels of our work. The organization’s policy regarding equal employment opportunity means that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action and termination will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.