Communities working together to ensure all children have the learning, health, and social supports they need to succeed in school and life.
To build systems of continuous learning, collaboration, and leadership among school districts, government agencies, and community-based organizations serving low income children and youth.
- Raised over $90 million in public and private funding for youth programs in California’s lowest-income communities
- Facilitated dozens of new partnerships between schools, local governments, and community agencies
- Trained thousands of afterschool and summer program staff in program and youth development
- Spearheaded three successful California legislative measures in support of summer learning
- Co-authored key federal policy language improving how federal after school funding is administered at the local level
- Won sweeping policy reforms in California’s after school funding system, vastly improving services to children most in need